Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back in Business


I'm back! The computer arrived back from rehab, refreshed and ready to go. I now have windows 7, which I haven't really found to be much different. I know the new hard drive is running as fast as a Toyota. I get very impatient waiting on the computer so that is a good thing. They say a habit is formed within 3 weeks, so living without the computer for that amount of time, I figured I had broken the addiction. I thought I would be able to just check email and a few sites every day, not spend as much time on the computer. I am finding I am right back to the routine of checking my horoscope (on 4 or 5 different sites, hoping to find one I like) reading several newspapers (and commenting if I feel the rest of the world needs to hear my view) and checking my emails. I am connected back with the information highway. :)

I am trying to get things finished around here. My goal was to get the interior of the house in order before Spring arrives. I am making progress, not as quickly as I would like, but Rome was not built in a day! Speaking of Spring.... I can not wait! Last week when the weather warmed up a bit, I was outside and I could smell Spring! Life! I saw a few flying bugs, boy were they fooled, and a Robin. It gave me hope that it won't be long! So I better get going, lots to do before I can enjoy my morning coffee on the deck. How are you coming on your goals? If you need help, give me a call and I will come over and we can tackle a room. Sometimes a friend can help jump start you! I always read that when you get organized and clutter free, it lifts a weight off your shoulders. I found that to be pretty extreme. I can tell you, it IS a great feeling! They are right! Those of you that are clutter bugs, I want you to feel that too.


Observations......

I have a new rule.... for all the magazines that pile up, As soon as the next issue arrives, the previous issue finds a new home. I also decided that I would not renew or bring any new publications into my home. Most of the magazines have websites so if I want to see what is new I just visit them.


Cutting down on the paper monster. I pay most of my bills online so this has cut down on my mail. I don't have the piles of bills stacking up to be paid. That also was a stress inducer seeing the actual bills piled up. Now I just go on line twice a month and pay them. If I only have to deal with them twice a month, it is better than looking at them everyday. Saves trees too! Especially that cell phone bill! I don't have to buy as many checks either, all in all a good thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment