Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gazing into a crystal ball....


...For more years than I can remember, I have been seeing a woman who gazes into my future! I usually go when I feel unsettled. She tends to de-stress me which is a good thing. I know, I know you thinks it's poppycock. I have had too many things happen to dismiss it. Years ago...almost 27 to be exact. I visited and was told I would be having a brown eyed, brown haired baby girl after the first of the year. Being pregnant at the time, but not showing, I smiled and said....oh no you are wrong! I am pregnant right now and I am due on Dec. 13th. She also told me I already had a blue eyed blond haired baby boy at home. Brown eyes are so removed the odds are slim! Les maternal grandmother and my maternal grandmother were the only brown eyes in the family. Didn't do well in Miss Scheibers bio class when we were doing the gene exercise, but I was pretty confident she was wrong! No she said, definitely after the first of the year~ Little brown hair, brown eyed Marcy Rae was born on January 11th!
When we had an offer on a house on Rucker Road and needed to sell our home, I sought her wisdom. "Not moving there" she told me, so get it out of your head. "The people who will buy your home are not looking yet, but when it happens, it will be 1-2-3, just that quickly". So we waited almost a year and boom- we found our current home, while we were writing the offer, someone made an appointment to see our home, and the next day they made an offer on it and 1-2-3 it was done!
One of the more shocking things she said to me was when I visited back in 2001.... I sat down and she said, I see you standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon! She did not know I was leaving in less than a week for a family vacation out west that included a stop at the Grand Canyon! Gave me chills!
Over the years dozens of things have happened that she mentioned so when I feel the need I give her a call and we visit. I made the trip last summer because rumblings at Les' workplace were hinting that his department may move to NY. So again....unsettled, have to de-stress! I shuffled the cards.... she laid them out in her usual squares and began to tell me what my future held. I let her talk and rarely interject unless I feel it necessary to get her back on track. She brought up Les job uncertainty and pretty much nailed it. I asked if unemployment was in his future and she reassured me that he would have 2 job offers and he would have to choose between the 2 and would choose the one that was best for his family. I have to hold onto that because the clock is ticking and and unemployment is looking us square in the eyes. She has assured me that things will work. He has gone from termination dates of 12/31/09 to 3/31/10 and now possibly into May 2010. So I'm counting on Les avoiding the unemployment lines, but it is sure getting down to the wire. I have run all the scenarios in my mind...the best one relates to an old neighbor who chucked it all and went down to Key West and became a glass bottom boat captain. We all thought he was crazy to uproot his family and do something so unconventional. Not so sure he was crazy after all. Sounds like a life I could get very used to.
PS. She did tell me one day I would win the lotto big! I hope it's with my lotto club so we can all enjoy it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment