Monday, March 22, 2010

There is a monster living in my house.


One of life's great mysteries is what in the heck is going on. I put 4 socks in the washer and when the dryer buzzes, only 3 survive? Where does that 4th sock go????? Since we are empty nesters my laundry has been cut down to about 1/8th of what it was. After years of doing at least 3 loads a day, I'm down to maybe 3 loads a week. Amazing! Miss Marcy used 3 towels per day, and they could not touch her body more than once so add that up....21 towels a week! Until that towel can stand up on it's own, I'm using it. :) Remember, Marcy is the same girl who sleeps with iguanas, cats and dogs? Priorities I guess? So now it is so easy for me to do a load and immediately put it away. It's a great feeling! Always clean under ware in the drawers, and the socks...the socks. I wash them all as pairs, that is how they go in, and I have the pile of mismatches starting all over again. Monster I tell you, he is stealing them. There is no other explanation!
Speaking of Monsters, I have another one, the Tupperware Monster! I can't seem to tame him. I have a large cupboard in my kitchen where I continually have to re arrange and sort the Tupperware. Same thing as the socks. It goes in with a lid, and low and behold the lid is missing???? The kids are gone so I can no longer blame them. Monster, I tell you!
My favorite thing is when it is stacked so precariously in the cupboard and just a little movement and the whole thing comes crashing out of the cupboard all over the floor. This has been happening all my married life, I just don't know how to remedy it. I use most of it, so thinning it out really doesn't make much sense. Besides, gotta love the pickle holder, bacon holder, and saltine holder. Hmmm, I guess that is what the pickle jar and bacon package are for? And I can't remember the last time I bought saltines???? Maybe I don't need them after all, but I paid so much for them. I'm working on slaying those Monsters, if you have any suggestions short of pinning the socks together and buying all new stack able Tupperware on a spinning holder, please pass it on! Just a mystery I can't seem to solve, I need help!

PS. My friend Rose is doing a great job organizing her home. I am so proud of her. She has worked on her bedroom, office and now her kitchen. I can't wait to go over and see it! Yeah Rose, keep up the good work. xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment