Monday, March 29, 2010

Saving Money...

I love the thought of saving money, but it is like the Meijer commercial. We save here and we save there and then we buy something stupid, like in the commercial, an ant farm, and there goes the real money we saved. All in all, you spend what you earn! Unless you are very well disciplined, our culture begs you to spend on what you don't need. I don't know anyone who hasn't bought something that they truly did not need.

So I am sure my Magicjack savings will just be spent elsewhere. I am not going to "pretend" I am paying my monthly home phone bill and put it in the savings account. I just will have a little more money monthly that I can spend here or there. I will tell you that I am pleased with the Magicjack so far. No real complaints. I only have one line coming into the house so if I am upstairs, I have to sprint down the steps to answer it on time. Ahhh, forced exercise, maybe one line is not a problem! I ended up putting my cell phone station upstairs next to my bed, so if there are emergency calls at night. I will get them on my cell and be able to hear them. So far, so good. So let me see, where can I spend that $700.00 I just saved this year on my home phone bill?



No comments:

Post a Comment