Friday, February 26, 2010

Boys Vs. Girls


Well, good news! The computer is on it's way back from rehab. I am hoping for Monday!!! Getting all the bells and whistles. I am told I will love windows 7. Will see, hard to teach an old dog new tricks. A lazy old dog at that!

Had the pleasure of bonding with the girls yesterday. My girls that is. All 3 were available which doesn't happen often anymore, for a day of lunch and shopping! We had a nice day, very little arguing, my blood pressure was only elevated for a short period and we also got a chance to do a little "curbside recycling" in Riverview, much to the horror of Laycee. So all in all a good day! Lunch choice, Taco Bell????? Whatever.....got off cheap. Off to the Dollar Store (picked up some really cute reading glasses) then out to Ikea! Boy that store sure motivates you to become stylish and frugal. So many things I would like to have, but I always end up spending very little and going home disappointed I didn't bring something sooo "Trendy" back home. I did see the rug that I pulled from the trash a couple weeks ago (remember in perfect condition!!) Price tag $399 :)

Karlee my shopaholic filled a bag with goodies, she felt she couldn't do without. Laycee found a great deal on a wok, and was excited to get back to her apartment and try it out. Marcy, found a way to plead poverty and get me to buy her something. :) Each one sooo different from the other. Except when it comes to the following..... Which brings me to my topic for the day. On the drive back home an interesting conversation came up..... a voice from the back seat, declared PMS was in the room! With that said the following conversation erupted.... "I wish I had a Penis" There I was thinking as I was driving down I-94, where is this going?????? Not sure I want to know. Help me!!!! The 3 of them agreed! Being a boy is so much easier.... Not something I thought about, except during childbirth. The arguments were very thought out, but rolled off their tongues like they had discussed this before. Maybe they read it in the latest issue of Cosmo???? Have I been away from the computer so long that I missed that study? I became amused and intrigued. First off they stated the obvious... can pee anywhere...don't have periods or PMS... get paid more. Then all three put in there 2 cents worth. It costs a lot of money to be a girl. Tampons, makeup, hair products, shoes, purses, nail polish, manicures, pedicures, shave everyday, birth control (pretended I didn't hear that one), jewelry, undergarments, perfume, etc. They were adamant that women should be paid more in the workplace because it costs more to be a girl!!! What an argument that is!!! The best argument I've heard for equal pay! We need more!!! Wow, the inequities of life all boil down to a penis. What a concept and who would of thunk it.... my girls were much smarter than me that day! By the way, if you can't read the caption on the cartoon... the baby girls said to the baby boy.... "My mommy says you got one of those and we got brains"

1 comment:

  1. The Penis Theory;

    You do make more money if you are a penis, because, some of those Penis' I prefer to call" Dick". Seems like they are the ones that get ahead (no pun intended) by dishonesty at all levels. (think Kwame) and continue to screw the system and everyone else around them.

    ReplyDelete