Friday, March 19, 2010

Working 9-5 and trying to make a living....


I have had a busy couple of weeks, that is why you haven't heard too many rumblings coming from my way. My yearly civic duty has finally ended. I am a member of the board of review and we hear the tax appeals for the township. There are 4 of us and it consists of 5, 9-5 days and 2, 5-9pm days and a few more hours here and there to make all the decisions. Sprinkled in throughout those 2 weeks I was doing some other odd jobs that filled my days to the brim. This left me with very little time to get anything else done. I have not had to punch a clock or rise and shine and be ready before 9am daily in about 28 years. Mind you, my days over the years have been filled with many important tasks, but having to stay put in one place and stick to a time frame that isn't flexible, hasn't been the norm. All my friends who have been doing this for years and have managed their households, children, and life I admire you for pulling it off. I'm sure at some point I would find a groove and get my life in a pretty regular routine, but it's hard to get an old dog to do new tricks. Being a Gemini with ADD, I can't imagine weeks, and years working 9-5. So my hat is off to you..... :).
Anyway, I am hoping to get back to the lifestyle I have become so accustomed to. Although, it doesn't pay anything, it is what I am good at - Lol. Wouldn't you know, the 2 weeks I had to be couped up indoors, were the best days of winter! Could have been catching up on my Vitamin D. Anyway, the sunshine streaming through my filthy dirty windows made me think about all I need to get done before I can venture outside and start working in the yard. My goals for getting the inside of my house in order are still abundant with very little time left. I need to kick start myself and get moving, because soon I will be drawn outdoors. Finish removing wallpaper in my kitchen and getting a fresh new fun color in there. Finally getting my computer room set up and all my work related documents destroyed or re-filed. And last but not least, a quick run through the basement to get the last of the kids stuff packed up and taken to it's new home. So Spring....bring it on, I'll be ready soon and I can't wait to get outside and get my windows washed!

Life as it goes on-

*I was very saddened by my old neighbor and friend Tracy's death this week. She was a very kind, quiet person who had severe depression. Her death would not have surprised me, but the way it happened did. I can't imagine her choosing that way to end her life, and wish she was still my neighbor so that just maybe some of us would have been given the chance to try to talk her out of it. My heart goes out to Christine, Brianna and Rowan for the loss of their mother and to Mike, who is a good man, for the loss of a wife he tried so hard to get well. I hope she has found peace because she really was a lost soul, who acknowledged her depression and tried to get back on track, but just couldn't.

*It makes you feel good when it is warmer and sunnier here than in Florida....gives you a little boost!

*Might get to go to NYC in the next month. That was on my bucket list. Since I have never been there, I am looking forward to that opportunity. I think I will go see Martha and maybe be one of those silly people who stand outside of the Today show. Sounds like fun to me.

*Talk to you next week, when winter returns :(

No comments:

Post a Comment