Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The weight thing


As you can probably tell.....this week is weight week. I am only going to get on the scale every Monday...daily is pure torture and I am not into torture. Weekly will do for now. At the beginning of the year I decided, with help from Les, that exercise just wasn't going to work for us. Remember that word torture, it applies here as well. I only like exercise that is wrapped in something fun, disguised, doused with sugar. Putting on tennis shoes, sweats and anticipating a little sweat doesn't work. So it will have to be incorporated into my life in ways that won't be noticeable.
Then there is food, the second part of the equation. Portion control is going to have to be big for me. Joyce, please don't tell them how many times I went to the buffet on New Years Morning in Chicago!!! Those days are over. Out to eat, taking half home for lunch the next day. We will see how that works. Because "diet" doesn't work for me either. I remember as a youngin' my mother assuring me that there would be a day I would have a little fat on my bones. Being skinny as a rail growing up, it didn't seem possible. Middle age spread she called it...damn mom was right again. I can no longer see my hip bones, a bikini would never happen these days, and the thought of weighing more than when I was pregnant was preposterous. Never say never.
Those days are here! Oh well.....life goes on. Something to work on.
Well, did you get on the scale ??? You don't have to tell us your numbers but lets work on getting that number down. Any secrets you all can share with us to help us work on this one.
My goal is 15 - 20 pounds this year. Divide it out and I need to work on losing less than a 1/2 a pound a week. I think I can!!!! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment