Monday, January 11, 2010

Top 10


Ok- had the weekend to think about 10 things I want to accomplish this year and they became the same old, same old and I was totally bored with them. We all want the same thing...lose weight, save money, organized, be kinder, world peace. Can't we think outside the box and be creative and dig deep to find things that have meaning to us. Sure I want a clean house and sure it will make me happy, until I have to pull the vacuum out again. To lose 20 pounds would be heavenly, and I plan on getting there, but in the meantime I have 10 things that will help me get to the heavy stuff.

My random 10 things

1. Take a picture everyday. I am astounded by people who can look at an every day image and pull out something totally not seen by the average person, or an angle that I would have never thought of. I aspire to be that creative. Taking a picture everyday will help me learn how to use the camera I got for Christmas 2008.

2. Ride my bikes more. I love my pink bicycle and it makes me smile every time I ride it. It also means it's nice out, which I love the warm weather. And secretly I am exercising!!! I enjoy riding my motorcycle too....the solitude is intoxicating as well as I get to put on my pink helmet and my pink shoes :)

3. Go to the Beach. Ahhh, one of my favorite things - taking my shoes off after a long Michigan Winter and sinking my feet into the warm sand. Letting the cool water lap at my feet is pure bliss.

4. Road Trips. Get going and see where the road takes you. I want to be adventurous and go to places that I have not been to and always wanted to see. From the Tulip festival in Holland MI to the big city lights of NY.

5. Everything in its place and a place for everything. That is perfection to me. Applies to everything.

6. Play more. kids are grown and I am retired...Freedom and Les' 6 weeks of vacation make it possible to Play more, but I am thinking winning the lotto would really help to accomplish this one.

7. Be inspired. I don't think that needs any explaining.

8. Be content. I think we all think things could be better in our lives, but it is what it is and as long as we have tried to do our best, I think we have to be content with that.

9. I still am trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. Is it ever too late? I don't think so.

10. I love to laugh until my face aches....can we make that happen more often? These days if I laugh that hard, I must confess I wet my pants!!! Ahhhh 50 gotta love it.


Ok- reality.....I stepped on the scale to see where I am on the weight loss front.

I am 157lbs. There I said it.
Now that you know my weight, you might as well know that I am not really a blond.
And my jeans are a size 14.
All my secrets are out!



No comments:

Post a Comment