Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This and That




It's Tuesday.....


Glad to see some of you started working on your lists. I opened the linen closet yesterday looked in it and slammed it shut...Ahhhh I have 4 more days to start that one. It will be another sorting challenge because I saw things that were not mine- Red hair dye, barrettes, several make up kits that the girls bought after Christmas each year, because they were a great deal! They never used them, so they were put in the closet and there they have lived happily ever after. I saw a lot of duplicates of things that were partially full, I think I can put them all in one container and maybe have a full one. If all goes well, I am going to dig in today!!! That is, if all goes well. That is my disclaimer, in case life gets in the way. Wish me luck!
Tonite is Idol Time again. You know, I just started watching it a few seasons ago and I am hooked. It is a silly simple pleasure that helps us make it through the winter evenings. I am not a reality TV junkie so I was surprised that I was reeled in hook line and sinker on this one. I thought I was much to smart to watch such stupid stuff on TV. As pathetic as it sounds, I will now schedule my life around it. The only thing I can think of is that it is truly a feel good story by the time you get to the finale and see that someone who stood in line some 9 months ago for a shot at fame has their whole life changed by chance. The dreams can come true theory exists here. Most of them are truly talented and I am glad they have the opportunity to shine. You really get a handle on how huge this show is when Brett Farve is in the locker room after the win this weekend singing "Pants on the Ground". :) I have never voted, but there might be a time that I might be compelled to do so, but I haven't gotten there yet. It's a great way to escape the problems of the world if it's only for a short time. Although, seeing some of these people who try out we realize there are a lot more problems in the world!!! haha

Oh, before I forget....discovered there is an ELVISFEST in Ypsilanti...who knew. Apparently, it has been taking place in Depot Town for the past 10 years. Mark your calendars for July 9-10th if you want to check out this years "FEST" Might be a fun time. MIELVISFEST.ORG






1 comment: