Friday, February 5, 2010

TGIF


I just felt like this week was so out of sorts. Can't believe it is Friday already. The first week of February is almost over and we have the super bowl to look forward to on Sunday. The reason I love the end of football season is because it no longer interferes with the weekend. Days of watching College football and pro football are over for awhile. I don't quite understand how you can watch sooo much football and not be bored. It's a man thing, I guess.
Well, I'm not sure I want to reveal this, because I might loose out on some finds if more people starting working my neighborhoods! ha ha I am really into "curbside recycling" (AKA trash picking) lately. I used to do it quite a bit when the kids were young and I had the big black van. I could load that thing up with treasures galore. With the girls moved into their new crib I found that they needed different things that were readily available in the trash. One mans trash is another woman's treasure! I am typing from my daughters computer..she has my old monitor because I found a big flat screen monitor in the trash and it WORKED! Her computer is sitting on a computer desk we picked up on Parkway. The sofa I found on Forrest looked like it just came out of the showroom. I sat on it on the side of the road waiting for Les to come and get it. A lazyboy with 6 sections and 3 recliners. Among my other finds were a stiffel brass lamp, dishes, snow shovel, shelving unit,brass coffee table, stove, bed frame, lawn mower, gas grill, brass bed, outdoor storage bin, cupboards, etc..... My latest jackpot this past week was a beautiful wool rug! 10 x 8 I thought would look good in Karlees living room. But after I brought it home and unrolled it, I found it to be clean and stain free- It now resides in my living room and it is a perfect match! Sorry Karlee...maybe the next one will be yours. So I am being "green" and recycling.. You might see me scoping out the neighborhoods on trash day.... I'm really finding some great things lately! Happy "curbside recycling" just stay out of my territory ! ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment