Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Life is short, Dollar boats are cooler....


and life's other observations.... As my sister- in -law reminded me, dollar boats are cooler. Isn't that the truth.:)
I'm going to revisit the funeral one more time. After each funeral/memorial service I attend, I always express to Les, as soon as we leave, what my wishes are. Not that they matter, because I am not sure he would grant them, but I do threaten him with "haunting" When you get middle aged, which is a silly phrase because quite frankly 50 is way over the hump, you start thinking of these things. I don't expect nor do I want to live to 100 years old. Would not be a pretty sight. Fifty is much too difficult so 100 wouldn't work for me. Most of my life was filled with the notion that I would never live past the big 5-0. On May 25, 2009 I woke up and was still alive. So now what, I wondered???? I had to have a life plan for over 50! I made several decisions. I am still working on them. A bucket list of sorts. I "retired" (sounds more glamorous then I quit, although no pension is involved) from a job I no longer enjoyed. I wanted to get my children settled into adulthood, getting them somewhat on their own. The birdies needed to leave the nest. There is a true meaning to that phrase! I am desperately trying to turn my house back into a home. A shelter that would wrap it's walls around us like a big hug. Not the 4 walls that had turned into a discombobulated mess. Gone where the days the I wandered through our home and yard and felt content. I needed to bring that feeling back. It is important to me for reasons I haven't quite figured out yet. My house had become me and me my house.
When I die I want a clean house. I want to be cremated and I want to sit on the Mantle mixed with my dried wedding bouquet. (A lot of I wants here!) My bouquet lives in a beautiful Waterford biscuit jar on the mantle. The wedding gift I received almost 30 years ago from my cousin, whose husband just died. Les reminded me that would be a perfect place for me since I am claustrophobic and that way I could see out! So Waterford it is. I don't want a service in a funeral home or church. I want a party full of laughter and music. Weather permitting, it must be outside! I think I will be here for a little while longer, but who knows.....Life is short and dollar boats are cool!

More of life's silly observations.....

Can you believe I wore spanx to the funeral home .....

Why is it OK for Madonna to have roots? And I don't mean the fact that she came from Michigan. I mean her hair! Mine looks terrible and hers is a fashion statement. She is 9 months older than me - so WHY?

I corrected our waiters use of the English language last night- OUCH. I only correct my children and of course strangers behind their backs. He just looked at me. Not sure if he comprehended or he was offended.... I didn't see any saliva on my food! People, use seen and saw the right way!

No comments:

Post a Comment