Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A dreary shade of grey


The last couple of days my SAD has kicked in big time. I don't know about you but I have so many acronyms after my name (PMS, SAD, ADD) that you would think I was a frigging genius. Mastering all those fancy letters didn't come from years of attending an in state university, they are from the school of life! The one that gets to me the most is SAD. Fitting isn't it that today is Ground Hog Day. The sun still isn't up yet (another disorder I have- can't sleep) but I am, so I am not sure if we are in for 6 more weeks of winter or maybe it will only be 5 1/2!!!! I am taking my Vitamin D hoping that helps with my lack of sunshine. I really can't see myself sitting under a florescent lite for 30 minutes but hey, it might work! The only fix that works for me is a little R and R in Florida, but I don't have a trip scheduled for this winter and I may not get down there in less things change quickly around here. I am keeping my eye on the Spirit airlines tickets, but with hubby's job in limbo and nothing on the horizon, at the moment, we can not take off until we know what's going on. I have been trying to do the mental imagery thing, pretending I am hearing the steel drums, feeling the sun warming my soul and knowing I just had my vacation pedicure, life seems good! I think you know how this ends....I am really sitting in front of the computer in my robe, socks covering my calloused feet; and in a snuggie! Ahhhh MICHIGAN in February. I need an attitude adjustment...maybe a mojito? I think I will put on a Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffett CD and do a little work around the house. I am trying to be happy, because it is a state of mind, right??? I think the Cd's are the best I can do today! Hey Punxsutawney Phil....do us a favor and don't see your shadow! Today, I will take that dreary shade of grey.

1 comment:

  1. ..I am still hoping for my florida get away during spring break.. things aren't looking promising :o(

    ReplyDelete