Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Everyday should be Valentines Day


Borrowing a computer again...I will be sooo happy when I get my little machine back. Miss it! Anyway, hope you all enjoyed the weekend and Valentines Day. I had a bittersweet weekend. We had the memorial service for my cousins husband on Saturday...more about that in a minute. and then Valentines Day was a delightful do nothing day. Well, let me take the delightful part back. We did what Les wanted to do...lay on the couch and watch at least 6 hours of American Chopper. I did get a beautiful bouquet of flowers and chocolates :) That helped with the chocolate cravings I have been having lately. The other day after searching high and low for some chocolate I found myself in front of the baking cupboard raiding the chocolate chips. Felt pretty stupid after I realized what I was doing...but it did give me the fix I needed. Every once in awhile you just have to have some.
Now back to the memorial service. For those who now me very well you know how much I squirm and complain about funeral services. I must tell you I thought we were in for a "rent a minister" sermon and as usual I was getting ready to be miserable afterwards. I was pleasantly surprised and actually enjoyed myself. Almost caught myself bowing my head for prayer! The minister was actually someone who had known Bob and his family for over 40 years. It was a heartfelt memorial and actually brought a tear to the ministers eye. He told several little stories and one was that every day should be Valentines Day and we should tell the people we love that we love them everyday and treat them with the love and kindness they deserve on a daily basis. I secretly was thinking...chocolate everyday!!!! :) I like this idea! He also went on to talk about how life is short and we should be enjoying it on a daily basis. Have fun, he said! He went on to talk about how he saw a sign in front of a boat store, it said "Life is short, boats are cool" That is the new catch phase Les and I have been saying back and forth to each other and it makes us smile..and think of Bob! First time in a long time I have walked away from a memorial service with a grin and happy heart. And for those of you who know me well....that must really surprise you! So..... Love you all and Life is short, boats are cool!! :) Rest in Peace Bob.

1 comment: