Thursday, February 4, 2010

How are you doing???


First of all, my computer going to rehab in Atlanta. It took a dump and it wont talk to me anymore. I have to rely on friends and family to be able to blog and check my email. So here I am at my sister-in laws using her computer, trying to catch up.

I have been pretty busy the last couple of days and during that time I have done a few things that were in the 2010 Handbook that I published back on January 8th. That email posting was full of things that you should strive for on a daily basis, but a few that you should do...just because you should. Last week I arranged to do #'s 25, 28 and 17 came along too. :) I called my 80 year old Aunt and asked her to join my sister's and I for lunch. This is something we have never done! We spent a few hours together and I felt like it was a good day! I picked up my sisters and we visited for awhile before we picked up my aunt. That is were 17 came in. My youngest sister looked fabulous. She had lost quite a bit of weight and I was curious how this had happened... I knew she loved to eat and exercise wasn't really her thing either so how could this be? I am getting no where, and she looks like she is wearing a size 8. Her secret - well she said she is now drinking Vodka instead of Rum. No calories in vodka! That won't help me... her second secret was getting a good night sleep. I guess we have that in common. She has a little helper and it seems to be working for her! Thinking I was due for a good nights sleep I took a benedryl hoping for the best. Well I am still in a fog and it's almost 2pm. I feel useless. I guess that won't work for me either. So here I am #17- Envious...good night sleep and weight loss without much effort!

Back to lunch with my Aunt. During our lunch conversations, she said she was thinking about the fact that our mother was no longer here and she should be letting us know what to expect with aging. I was waiting for the menopause talk.. although if my memory served me right, I think I remember a hysterectomy! Well, menopause was never mentioned so I guess I have to rely on what I learned from "Menopause the Musical" I might break out in a song, while I am sweating up a storm. It seemed to help those women and they looked happy!

Her only complaint at 80 was that she had hairs growing where they shouldn't be growing! Thick wirery hairs that were intrusive and annoying! They grew from her chin and grew from her nose. They made her nose itch and it came down to the fact that they had to be removed to give her any peace. I smiled and winked at my sisters and we decided that if we live to 80 and the only thing we have to worry about are some silly little hairs, we are going to be fine! So if you have the chance, do number 28, you will make someones day and they will make yours. :)


FYI- I cleaned out the top shelf in the refrigerator door. Lot's of things had expired! Easy takes about 5 min. 3 more shelves to go- maybe I will do one a day! Then it's the interior shelves ...I think I saw some pickles that are really old! I bet you have some pickles with only 2 left swimming in a jar of juice!



No comments:

Post a Comment