Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello......


Had and am still having some technical difficulties. Might be time for a new computer.....not good for the budget!


Just to wrap up last week, since I missed 2 days of the money week. I bought a Magic Jack for my home phone line. I was very excited, since I know a couple people who have it and think it is the greatest thing. I anticipated saving at least $700.00 a year on my home phone bill, sounds like a winner! I am not going to pass judgement on it yet, because I only received one phone call on it before my computer wigged out. As much as I love technology, I didn't know if I was ready to give up my land line. Proud of that 676 number!! Everyone has a cell phone, so really what is the purpose?? Well, my rational was that I needed it for my biz hub, and what if I wanted to talk along time, it would use up my cell phone minutes that I share with 3 girls....don't want to have to pay for going over, that can get expensive! Really, stupid reasons, but they were my reasons! So Magic Jack was the answer! I could still have my "home" phone and only pay 19.95 per YEAR. I ran up to Radio Shack and purchased it with my $10.00 off coupon in the entertainment book I keep in my car (that's another great purchase to save money!) so total cost was $31.00 and some change. That also included the 1st year of phone service. WOW.


A couple things to keep in mind...you can not keep your original phone number, you have to leave your computer on to receive calls, you will only get one extension for the whole house- because it has to be plugged in the computer. I don't think any of those exceptions are reason to give up saving over $700.00 per year. So as soon as I get my computer issues figured out, I hope to have it up and running and I can cancel my land line and start saving money. This is really a pretty pain free way to cut the budget. Stay tuned....


Tomorrow a new topic for the week


Weekly Weigh In- NO MOVEMENT!!!! Maybe I need a Movement to have some movement lol


1 comment:

  1. I was going through withdrawals with no blog!!!! R

    ReplyDelete