Thursday, December 2, 2010

The End.

Just a quick follow-up. First I want to thank everyone for their support during this journey. I have received many phone calls and emails regarding Sarah's story. The deep emotions I felt, were also felt by many of you and I appreciate the help and encouragement from each and every one of you during this process. It truly helped me come to make my final decision on where the big red box should end up. Thank you!
I know the ending was very anti climatic. I am not sure what we all thought might happen. I know I had much anxiety over it. My biggest concerns were meeting her parents. As I have said before, I didn't want to have to answer their questions. I didn't want them to ask if I came across a certain treasure that I deemed too damaged, or insignificant and tossed it away. I didn't want to know what they looked like, so if I saw them in Kroger’s, I wouldn't have to stop and ask how the story unfolded.
I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to know these things, because like you, I have dreamed up a fairy tale ending and I want that fairy tale ending to be true.
I want Grandma to go through the box and decide who should get what and when. I want the china to be given to Sarah's daughter at her wedding shower with a note that her mother wanted her to have these gifts that were presented to her at her wedding shower. I want the daughter to set her holiday table and cherish them, like I do with the treasures I have inherited from my mother and grandmothers. I want the christening outfits that I so carefully washed, pressed and preserved in Ziplocs to be given to the children when they baptize their children. When it's right for Sarah's children, I want them to be given the journal entries their mother wrote as she battled cancer and ultimately realized the disease would win and her children would grow up without her. I want too much for these strangers, that I want them to remain strangers so I can write my own ending and not have that taken away from me.
So, I consider the turn of events to be the best possible for me.  They allow me to live out my happy ending. So my Lifetime movie has ended, and I am at peace with it.   I don't need the sequel or the final chapter written, for it will forever be....... "and they lived happily ever after"





No comments:

Post a Comment