Friday, July 23, 2010

Weight a minute, where has the time gone?

Today is my eldest child's 28th Birthday.  WOW- where has the time gone?  28 years ago I lost about 10 pounds in a matter of a few hours and few more in the following days.  Like I said before, I now weigh more than I did when I was at full term, actually full term for me was 10 1/2 months.  My mother always said I had the gestation period of an elephant.  My kids must have been happy to stay in the womb a little longer .... they appreciated all the good nutrients they received from the ice cream, cakes, and the abundance of food I couldn't help devour. 
Again today, I stepped on the scale.  You know that is one of the goals I was trying to reach, weight loss, but I am struggling to get there.  I guess it has been going on for 28 years now, so why would I think 2010 would be the magic year.  As I placed my two big feet on the scale, the needle took off and halted at the 160 AGAIN.  I am beginning to think I need a new scale, this one surely must be broken.  No matter what I do it always stops at 158-160.  I jumped on a scale at a friends thinking my cheap Target one wasn't any good.  Well, they must have bought a cheap Target one as well, because it is broken too!  It stops at 160!
Oh well.  I guess until they come out with a scale that works, I will just have to settle for 160.  It's taken me 28 years to get here, so as they say, I should have 28 years to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 120.  Oh, I forgot, the last time I gave birth was in 1988 :)  Thank goodness.... I think I will take 160 lbs over pregnancy at this point in my life-

1 comment:

  1. Happy 28th Anniversary of Becoming a Mom!!!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete