Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Taking Steps


It's been weeks...2 1/2 to be exact since my car took me to the CTS.  That's Christmas Tree Shop, not to be confused with CRS (Can't remember Sh*t) Since I suffer from both!  Also, like a true addict, I am blaming someone else (my car) for enabling me.  I must say though I have made great strides, the lobster dishes were all 1/2 price.  I picked several up, inspected them, added up in my head what I would need to create a stunning table scape, fought with the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other.  It took everything I had to place that beautiful pasta bowl back on the shelf and walk away. But I did,  I think I am conquering my demons.  Not to say I didn't buy anything else there, but of course, they were all things I needed.  :)  I am not sure what step of the 12 step program that is, but going back to the scene of the crime seems to help.  That's my excuse anyway!
I am also working on my basement.  Some water seeped in over the weekend from the storms, it is forcing me to organize a few of the piles and throw some stuff away.  Nothing like an act of nature to make me do something that I have needed to do for quite sometime.  So even though I haven't seemed to get too many things crossed off my list because of Summer, I am still managing to get a few things done here and there.  I'm not just playing all Summer like I want to.  It sucks being an Adult!

PS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE! (I won't tell you how old she is, other than she is older than me and an adult)

No comments:

Post a Comment