Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Etsy here I come.....

I have been back in the creative mode lately. Not that I am overly creative, I just like to do that kind of stuff. I had the opportunity last week to gather at the Bed and Breakfast with a group of talented women and learn a new craft. Mary Jane Butter's was in town visiting a friend of mine and I was lucky enough to get an invite. Listening to this group of women and seeing some of the wonderful items they had created made me lust to create. It made me want to feather my nest a little more than I have been lately. I began to work in my yard and drag out all the garden adornments I have and place them strategically around my yard. I still have a lot more to drag out, but I am beginning to want to spend time in my yard, which is huge progress. I dream of laying in a hammock and taking a nap in the cool summer breeze.


I have let things go for a few years and it became overwhelming to think of trying to whip it back in shape. Les and I put a good size dent in it over the weekend and I hope we can keep it going. I don't think I will ever get back to the days when I planted 10 flats of annuals and spent every morning walking around deadheading and weeding and seeing what perennial was blooming that day- but I am enjoying walking around and dreaming of things I would like to accomplish. I long to make things, go back to some serious junking and just take the time to create. It's a peaceful content feeling.....and I like it!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! I'm right there with you. I just read something about getting rid of clutter and they called it "indoor weeding"! Indoors or out, it's what I need to do! Let's get rid of the weeds and let the creativity GROW! xoxo, Tracey

    ReplyDelete