Thursday, June 17, 2010

I found it!


Went on a short holiday for the weekend. Loaded up my motorcycle and went east on a road trip with a couple of friends. Okay, not that glamorous.... went to Ohio Bike week in Sandusky with a some biker friends! No tattoo’s or piercings in this bunch, but not to say we didn't see some! Put several hundred miles on my scooter and saw some pretty cool places. Who knew that a trip to Ohio would reveal some really interesting, intriguing and magical places. We found a little place called Lakeside. We stopped at the Marblehead lighthouse and the Ranger told us about a place we had to check out. She said hurry, because next week they charge $25.00 to go through the gate. Who in their right mind would pay $25.00 to go through the gate I thought. I WOULD!!! My first visit was free. Like a drug dealer giving me free drugs to get me hooked. It worked! I think I want to live there. I followed our leader (the first motorcycle of the group) as we entered through the gate to what seemingly looked like a winding road to a park, then as we came upon the intersection we saw numerous golf carts shuttling people around. Then we turned the corner.... a place back in time. Blocks and blocks of colorful cottages lined up and down the streets. Each sporting a different color, a front porch and so much to take in I could barely keep my eyes on the road. People out and about just looking like extras in a movie set. Small pocket parks sprinkled around and as you made your way toward the waterfront we came upon a small main street with boutiques, ice cream parlors, old hotels, and more. All of this was just a short walk to the beach. Reminded me a little bit of Newport Beach but Ohio style. I daydreamed of riding my bicycle back and forth to the beach, eating a Tofts Ice cream cone (another awesome discovery) and making my way back to a little pink cottage with a screened in porch to sit back curl up with my puppies and watch the world go by. I'm hooked on Lakeside and I can't wait to go back and gladly pay $25.00 so they will let me in.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds heavenly ... I want to experience Lakeside too. Gotta love serendipity, nothing like it!!
    xoxo, Tracey

    ReplyDelete