Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Big K.I.S.S.

Big Kiss to everyone....Keep It Simple Silly!  That is what I have been trying to do, how about you.  It just seems like everything is so complicated.  Being complicated is so overrated.  I like Simple.  Simple is good.  Makes things easier, less stressful, fun?  Getting back to the basics.  Can I do it?  Let me see- Basic cable, check - no problem.  Phone with no features, uhhhh, don't think so, need texting.  Basic home phone, check- magic jack.  Basic car with no onstar , gps or back up camera- check, don't have it - not directionally challenged and have eyes in the back of my head,  so I'm good.  Basic bicycle with 3 speeds and coaster brakes, check, I do have a basket, but I think that is pretty basic.
Remember when we didn't have all the things that are suppose to make our life easier?  Now everything is designed to give us  more time and let us do things quicker.  I think it has just made things more difficult because now we are expected to do more.  We now have microwaves, cell phones, DVR's, computers, portable phones, self propelled vacuum cleaners, crock pots, washers and dryers that are faster and use less water, automatic flower waterers, shower cleaners, and the list go on and on.  But are we really making our lives easier????? Our mothers didn't seem to have so much going on, there is too much pressure to get it all done.  I think they physically worked harder, our lives are more mental (more ways than one!)    It's a rat race and I'm tired of running!  I'm for a big K.I.S.S. right in the middle of my forehead, just like my grandmother used to give me when I was little.  :)  How simply wonderful is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment