Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Taking a bite out of the Big Apple


Well, not only have I designated 2010 to be a year of trying to get my sh*t together.... but also a year to reflect on where I have been and where I want to go. You know, back to that bucket list. Right up on top has been for years, to visit NYC. I can't believe I have never been there. Years ago, Jaime called me from Time Square, while he was on a business trip, to tell me how cool it was. "You would like it here Mom." I told him, next time he had a business trip planned, I would squat in his paid for primo location Hotel. Well, he moved on to bigger and better things and that never happened.


Last Spring, Les was traveling quite frequently to NY. 30 minutes from the city... ahh my chance to squat again. As he used some of his free time away from work to venture into the city, I again received word from Time Square,
"Shelley, you would love this place" And again, life just never allowed me to get away and make the trip.

Guess what...... I'm off! Les has informed me that I will be included in this year’s BASF Christmas party! I'm ready for security at the airport to pat me down and send me on that jet liner to New York! The Party will be in Time Square- Yippie! Thank you BASF for footing the entire bill, I'm considering this an early Christmas present. Except the new outfit I will be buying, and the new pair of spanx! I sure hope it meets my expectations.

Bucket List- NYC- check it off- mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment