Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring tune up time


Well, summer is fast approaching and I am not feeling like I am Summer ready. We do Spring cleaning around the house, pull out the lawn furniture, clean the Winter grime out of the inside of your car, fertilize the lawn, wash the windows and put in the screens and the list goes on. My body needs a Spring tune up! We do it for the other things in our life maybe we need a little bit of that for our bodies. I put on my shorts the other day and I couldn't believe how white my legs were- scary. I need a spray tan to hold me over.
My feet are in need of getting the Winter grime off, need a good exfoliation! They look like they belong to the neighborhood troll. I need a pedicure. Time to give Gina a call.

The winter excess baggage has not come off as planned. The bathing suit will not be a pretty site this year. Actually, it hasn't been a pretty site for over a decade. I am failing miserably at the diet and exercise thing. I think it is difficult to get this old dog to jump after a Frisbee, she just wants to roll over and play dead. Maybe I need the Purina for older overweight dogs! Not a puppy anymore! I think I have been eating too many doggy treats! :)

I remember years ago, I saw an infomercial where all you had to do was breathe correctly and you would lose weight. Wow- what an idea. Expanding your lungs to trim your tummy. Big long deep breaths would allow more oxygen in your body thus would increase your energy and like magic you would lose weight. For several days I took deep breaths expanding my lungs as much as possible, holding for 10 seconds and exhaling! Well after a week of that all I got was light headed. I just want to fold my arms, blink and nod my head and like a genie and be done with it. I am becoming so lazy!

Maybe, like another infomercial, my problem is my intestines are full of about 10 pounds of waste that have lined the walls. That infomercial says they have the cure for my extra pounds I can't seem to shed. All I have to do is give them $29.99 for the secret of getting rid of that stubborn stuff.  I think two .50 burritos could take care of that for less money.
It couldn't be that I eat too much and don't move around enough, could it?  I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment