Thursday, May 20, 2010

A calmness comes over me

As I jumped into the car anticipating my visit to my psychic, a nervousness came over me.  I get it every time I make that journey to Dearborn.  I always worry about the timing.  I was late once, and since I ran into a little bit of traffic on Southfield, I used that as my excuse.  She corrected me by saying my mother was there and she told her I left late (OMG, that was the truth)  So I try to be on time!
As I work my way there, I always run through a million questions I want to ask, and a million things I might expect her to say.  I don't know why I am always so anxious since this is a ride I have taken many times.   Sometimes by myself, and sometimes with someone who wants to visit her as well.  Will she tell me I am moving, no job for Les, financial ruin, disappointment, etc.  As I pull up to 21 Danvers Court, an address I can recite from memory, I look forward to entering the little historic bungalow that to me has such a mysterious soul.  No stopping a direct path into the study where I sit next to her desk eagerly awaiting my future.  There is something that so satisfies me when I arrive.  I never want to leave, I want to soak up as much as I can in my allotted time.  Why can't I have a whole day of idle chatter with this woman who intrigues me with her ability to know everything about me and not know me at all?  I shuffle the cards and no matter what, a card always falls from the deck.  She quickly looks it over because it always means something!  She slowly lays them in a pattern, 4 different quadrants that represent different aspects of my life.  She slowly methodically goes through them. To watch her seemingly take in visions from who knows where and spit it out to where it makes perfect sense and other times it makes no sense.  It always seems to make sense on the drive home or sometime later.  My mind just can't seem to absorb it all.  I take notes, small sentences that I know I will be able to piece together later.  Things that take my breath away, things that makes a calmness come over me, things that make me ponder for a long time.  Think what you want, but there is no denying this woman's talent.  I just wish I could have just an ounce of what she has.  Although, I think I have a degree of ESP, this is far beyond that. 
She doesn't seem worried about Les job.  He will have a job doing something he has done before in another area, tap into his past.  So I won't worry, the count down begins May 25th is his last day, or is it?

1 comment: