Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What I did on my Summer vacation

It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the beginning of Summer with Memorial day. Now the sun has set and risen, it’s time to go kicking and screaming into another season. As much as I enjoy the days and evenings of Fall, I know it is just a matter of time before yard waste becomes a dirty word, my sandals find their way to the back of the closet and I begin to hibernate. Yes, I hibernate. As much as I try not to, it's nature calling me to the couch. As soon as darkness comes early, you will find me and the dogs curled up trying to wish away the Winter. I am hoping we can enjoy enough of Fall to hold Winter back to at least December. I am hopeful!


So what did I do on my summer vacation... I had as much fun as I could. It seems like it was just yesterday that it began. Those 3 months are my favorite and will always be.
Maybe you should sit back, enjoy the day and reflect on all the things you did this Summer.
Here is my essay....

What I did during my 52nd Summer.....
I no longer start my Summer vacation with the traditional last day of school. I have outgrown that. :) I am no longer in school and my children have all grown so I now have a different bench mark. I can start it earlier which is much more to my liking. Memorial day it is. Kicking off the holiday this year we celebrated my nieces engagement with a get together with the family. It was something new and exciting to look forward to. The start of watching our kids generation prepare to marry and start their lives.
June seemed to fly by. Golf was in full swing, weekend boating, breakfast on the bikes and settling into Summer was on the agenda. I think June gets you into the mode. Wets your whistle!
By July, I'm whistlin' Dixie! We enjoyed all the festivities around the 4th. It seems like you hear fireworks off in the distance forever. As many displays as I have seen over the years, I am always thrilled by a fireworks show. Just something about it! We enjoyed a handful this year and were not disappointed.  July was probably the best month. We were able to explore the mitten. I found places that the minute I set foot there, I knew I was smitten. I don't know how to describe it, but there are times when I visit somewhere I am instantly attracted to it. A connection, a peaceful happy feeling. Fish Town was one of those special places, and I hope to be back there at the end of the month for another fix!
August was a blur. It came and went so fast, I am finding it difficult to admit it is over. 31 days in a blink of an eye. We did have a few weekends of fun, but the weekdays just flew by. And now it is September..... the 7th to be exact. What happened to the 1st? I guess when you get older, the boredom of Summer just doesn't exist. Time fly’s when you are having fun. I consider the Summer of 2010 a fun Summer. Les was employed, everyone was healthy.  Makes you wonder how many more Summers you will have? 52 is not enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment