Thursday, September 9, 2010

I will take an extra large Oreo Blizzard please.

People know me. They can see what's coming....... SAD. Yes, I get Seasonal Affective Disorder. It's one of the many "Disorders" I carry with me. :) Syndromes, Disorders, Ailments. I have a laundry list of them. It's called life! I do admit it's coming, I can feel it. By 8pm I am ready for bed. Sleeping all night, and some of the day and never feeling like I am recharged. Dragging myself through 6 months of Winter is taking its toll.


My friend Diane stopped over yesterday. She is a whirlwind of energy. She is ready to roll up her sleeves and get my kitchen whipped into shape. Her kids are back at school (notice she is younger than I) and she is ready for some serious fun. She told me my kitchen was a "3 bottle" -hmmm, 3 bottle? Didn't know what that meant. "3 bottles of wine and we will have this done in no time!" Is that my problem? I need to drink more???? lol. I have news for Diane, 3 bottles will but me out of commission for at least a week! Recovery is slow when your my age :) Anyway, she is motivating me. I told her when the weather turns for good, it's a go! Dusting off those wine glasses!

My other friend, who knows me oh.... too well, insists I need to start taking the vitamin D -NOW. She has witnessed way to many Winters on Blackmore to know SAD really does move in. So I am getting the D out of the cupboard and starting today. I hope it works because I am forever looking for that magic pill!  If D makes me love a good snowfall , I'm in for that one too. The only Blizzard that works for me right now is a Dairy Queen!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment