Monday, October 18, 2010

A perfect weekend

I have to tell you, as much as I know what comes after fall, there is nothing like a fabulous fall weekend to reawaken your senses. What a lovely weekend to be outside soaking up some natural vitamin D. Just closing your eyes and putting your face up to the Sun you could feel the warmth of a good old fashioned hug. Ahhhh, what a blissful feeling. I confess, I have a warm spot in my heart for a good fall day. Shhhh, don't tell anyone :)

Trying to enrich my life, I want to do more exploring and experience some new things. I am finding things sooo close to home that it is a crime I haven’t sought them out before now. I bought a bike rack at a garage sale about a month ago, I had great plans to get some exercise in and venture away from the GI bike path. Road trip! We finally got the bikes secured on the new rack, and we were off. I found on the internet that you could ride various paths throughout the Wayne County park systems. Willow, Oakwoods and Lower Huron all interconnected for 30 miles of bike paths. I thought we should start with the 4.5 at Willow.

We packed a little wine, cheese and crackers in my new picnic back pack and we were on our way to a really enjoyable day. I think all in all we managed about 10 miles. We sat in the shade next to the pond and enjoyed our snack before we headed back home. I looked around at this park and wondered why we don’t have a yearly pass and work a visit in at least once a month to enjoy it. They have disc golf, another one of those things we had good intentions of trying out. Santa brought Les his discs for Christmas more than 10 years ago and they still sit unopened in this closet. If we can get a round in this fall we are really going to try to accomplish that.
Saturday, all play- no work :) Success

Sunday we went to Hell. Another beautiful day, we must enjoy it. A group of us suited up on the motorcycles for a trip to Hell. Traveling the back roads we came upon a cider mill, where we stopped for some awesome cinnamon donuts and cider. We sat a spell and then hit the road again. We almost made it to Hell and they had the road blocked and wouldn’t let us in. "No you can’t go to Hell, it’s on fire!"  A brush fire blocked the entrance to Hell, I guess we should have expected Hell was burning. Makes sense. So much disappointment… but all is not lost, there are several ways to get to Hell and we found another. The back door was a pleasant ride, we saw so much more. Beautiful trees, winding roads, nature at its best. The best way to get to Hell isn’t always the prettiest. Makes sense!

I have so many things I want to do before Fall leaves us… ha ha no pun intended, but I’m not sure the weather will hold out. All we can do is hope! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment