Monday, August 23, 2010

I think they may have forgotten a few of the zero's

Do you think whoever owns this garage is fun to be with?
The 100 item challenge is interesting to say the least. I was gun hoe to purge and therefore be happy. But, I had an interesting weekend and that made me think really hard about those 100 items. My thought was maybe we should pick out 100 items that mean the most to us. I guess that  would be the items we would choose if we knew a hurricane was coming and we had to evacuate and they only allowed us to take 100 items with us. What would we choose. I am sad to say I would leave my dishes behind. I would take the sentimental items with me. So what does that say? Do I need everything else? Well, no I don’t need it in the case of the hurricane, but I do need it when I am planning a camping trip for 24 people. Yes, I do need all those games that have been sitting in my garage unplayed for several years. Yes, I do need all those coolers we talked about, the tents that haven’t been out of the bags for at least 10 years, the barely used crock pot, the white erase board, the lanterns, power cords, and the list goes on. How could we have had a weekend away without all that “stuff”???? We couldn’t have. My goodness we took over 100 items with us for just that 48 hours. So while my “stuff” does seem to get in the way, it does have a purpose. Maybe that should be our motto- get your stuff out every once in awhile and use it. You might have some fun and you won’t have as much guilt over the filled garage and the filled basement. But, figuring out what 100 things mean the most to you, is an exercise you should partake in. It will help you realize what really is important and that the other stuff is still just "stuff".

No comments:

Post a Comment