Friday, August 6, 2010

Enjoy what is left

Winding down on Summer.  How sad is that.  We are definitely over the hump.  I guess we really don't know how many warm days are left, after all this is Michigan.  The depression is slowly creeping back.  Reality is I will have to start working on the inside of my house again.  Always seem to save that for a "rainy day"  Maybe I will succeed by the holiday's in getting all the wallpaper off my kitchen walls.  (let's not mention that I have managed to celebrate all the holiday's at least once in this state of disrepair.) I can't believe what a procrastinator I am.  It is not acceptable, but I am accepting it.  I have empathy for myself.  ha ha 
I need to kick my self in the butt and get going.  My goal is to move out of the family home and downsize into the retirement home.  Ahhh, when you get that AARP card you start thinking that maybe it's time to think about all the fun those retired people have, NO WORRIES.  To have no worries, I have to have less.  Simple fact.  Less space, less stuff, less housework, less yard work, less bills, etc.  It's a strong thought in my head, just have to lay the ground work.  I'm working on it, just hope when I find where I want to live, I will be ready.  First things first.... remove wallpaper!  Have a great sunshiny, summer weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sister!!
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming ..."
    (no matter where we're headed, let's remember to enjoy the journey) XOXO
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete